BISA provides assistance to develop villages, urban villages, and sub-districts in the company's operational areas. This activity is a form of community empowerment in accordance with the need of the residents.
In 2020, 65 percent of BISA's budget is intended for the economic recovery of the villages affected by COVID-19, the remaining 35 percent is for COVID-19 handling in villages.
One of the recipients of the assistance is Mabuun Urban Village in Tabalong District, South Kalimantan. BISA here helped small businesses to develop and helped the village preventing COVID-19, by providing such as masks, sprays, and disinfectant.
The aid was handed over by PT SIS's Head of CSR & External Relation Didi Cahyadi, Thursday (Dec 17, 2020).
“Thanks to PT SIS for providing assistance, we will try to maximize this assistance to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and rebuild the economy in the midst of pandemic," said Chief of Mabuun Urban Village Rizky Kurniadi.
The same thing was conveyed by Chief of Warukin Village Dedy Ujang who also received assistance from PT SIS.
“We are extremely helped in our effort to deal with COVID-19. Hopefully this kind of assistance to continue,” he said.
In addition to assistance to handling COVID-19, the village government of Warukin received facilities and infrastructure to develop hydroponic which is expected to revive the village economy.
Related news: PT Adaro Indonesia wins Gold Proper from Environment Ministry
Related news: PT SIS donates IDR1 billion for COVID-19 handling
Related news: Banjarbaru grants small businesses capital goods