Banjarbaru - South Kalimantan Task Force for Acceleration Control and Handling of COVID-19 has recorded 84 percent rate of recovery or 8,251 of a total of 9,818 patients.
The data, which was released in Banjarbaru on Monday, said now 1,163 patients are being treated at the hospitals and special quarantines, while the death toll was noted at 404.
The task force also reported 503 people of being suspect of COVID-19 and are spread in all areas in the province.
Although the recovery rate was high enough, so far the task force could not halt the transmission of the highly contagious disease. The new cases are still increasing.
As of Monday (Sept 21, 2020), the new cases added by 82. They came from South Hulu Sungai 1, North Hulu Sungai 1, Tanah Bumbu 17, Banjarmasin 4, and Banjarbaru 19.
Almost all areas in South Kalimantan impose sanctions to anyone who does not comply with health protocol.
The joint forces of police (Polri), military (TNI), and public order (Satpol PP) officers conducted raids, especially to the red zones.
Meanwhile, the Driving Team of Family Welfare Movement from the provincial till the district and cities go down the street to help make people aware to always wear masks. They handed out millions of masks, so did other institutions, both from the government and private.
South Kalimantan Governor Sahbirin Noor said the provincial government has allocated a production of one million masks to be distributed to the residents in 13 districts and cities in the province.
Read also: South Kalimantan adds 141 COVID-19 cases
Read also: South Kalimantan's Suci Rabella in the final 2020 Indonesian Teacher Prize
Read also: Many fires difficult to reach by South Kalimantan Ground Task Force