Daily Chief of South Kalimantan Task Force for Acceleration Handling of COVID-19 Abdul Haris in Banjarbaru on Monday (May 11, 2020) said, the more than Rp19 billion JPS fund was the provincial government grants to COVID-19 affected residents in 13 districts and cities in South Kalimantan.
In accordance with the direction of Governor Sahbirin Noor, Haris said, the provincial government has allocated cash grants for COVID-19 affected households as a form of social safety nets.
"As of today, the fund has begun to be distributed to regions that have completed the data of recipients to the South Kalimantan Provincial Government through Social agency," Haris, who is also the Regional Secretary of the Province, said in a press conference at the Idham Chalid Building.
The fund has been distributed was about Rp6,5 billion for four districts and cities those have completed data, namely South Hulu Sungai (HSS) 802 households (KK), Tabalong 13.209 KK, North Hulu Sungai (HSU) 2.438 KK, Kotabaru 12.457 KK, Banjarmasin 30,340 KK, and Banjarbaru 6,720 KK.
Each of the recorded recipient (household) will get cash of Rp100 thousand per month.
“Only six districts and cities are ready to distribute based on beneficiary data according to name and address," said Haris.
Read also: COVID-19 death toll touches 23 in S Kalimantan
Read also: Kotabaru records the highest deflation in Kalimantan
The initial concept of the JPS, according to the regional secretary, was 70 percent from districts and cities, the remaining 30 percent from the provincial government. However, considering the current condition, the concept has then changed to 100 percent from the province, only the value is not the same from the initial concept.
Deputy Chief of the Task Force Hanif Faisol Nurofiq said the JPS fund would be channeled to the districts and cities task force accounts to facilitate distribution.
According to him, the recipient of the fund are people affected by COVID-19 but do not receive assistance from the Ministry of Social Affairs recorded in the Integrated Social Welfare Data.
Meanwhile, the provincial government has also planned to provide a stimulus program in order for the economic wheels could continue to run in South Kalimantan during the COVID-19 pandemic.
"The provincial government plans to provide stimulus to move the wheels of the economy," said Hanif, adding that the provincial government saw a decline in people's purchasing power during the pandemic thus the strategic and concrete steps are needed.
Read also: S Kalimantan gears up to open 1.700 hectares of new rice fields
Read also: S Kalimantan develops agriculture, industry, to replace mining