"Spectators can still come to the stadium, however, the number is limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic," head of the soccer organizing committee, Rocky Bebena, explained.
In addition, only spectators who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be allowed entry to the match venues, he added.
According to information posted on the official website of the XX Papua PON organizing committee (PB PON) on Monday, the regulations are in accordance with a circular issued by the Youth and Sports Ministry on September 22, 2021.
Meanwhile, the first soccer match at PON is scheduled to take place on Monday at the Mandala Stadium in Jayapura city.
The much-anticipated match will pit Papua, the national sporting event’s host, against West Java, the defending champion.
While the stadium capacity can accommodate 18 thousand spectators, only around 5 thousand spectators will be allowed to enter the venue due to COVID-19 restrictions, Bebena said.
Furthermore, the soccer organizing committee head informed that entry tickets for the match can be purchased offline or booked online through the tiket.com app, which is collaborating with PB PON.
"The app provides 60 percent of the tickets, while the remaining 40 percent can be acquired offline," he added.
He also emphasized that spectators must comply with the health protocols, which will include undergoing a COVID-19 antigen swab test and temperature scan as well as wearing a mask.
The regulations and protocols will also be applied to the Mahacandra Stadium at Cenderawasih University, Jayapura city, and Barnabas Youwe Stadium in Sentani sub-disctrict, Jayapura district, which will also host XX Papua PON soccer matches, he said.
"The health protocols will be conducted strictly," he affirmed.
Related news: Papua PON torch relay starts in Sorong, West Papua
Related news: No spectators allowed for Liga 1, 2 matches: Minister Amali
Related news: PON athletes must abide by arrival, departure arrangement: official